I trained in Medicine at the University of Cape Town, and subsequently gained further qualifications in General Practice, Public Health Medicine, and Psychiatry.
- Psychiatric Interviewing and Assessment Second Edition. Poole R, Higgo R . Psychiatric Interviewing and Assessment Second Edition. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press; 2017.
- Poole R, Higgo R, Robinson CA . Mental Health and Poverty. Cambridge University Press; 2014.
- Poole R, Higgo R. Clinical Skills in Psychiatric Treatment. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 2008.
- Poole R, Cook C, & Higgo, R. Psychiatrists, spirituality and religion. The British Journal of Psychiatry. 2019. 214(4), 181-182. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.2018.241
- Ryan, T., Carden, J., Higgo, R., Poole, R. & Robinson, C.A . An assessment of need for mental health rehabilitation amongst in-patients in a Welsh region. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. 2016. 1-7. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00127-016-1213-8
- Cook, CCH, Poole R, Higgo R. Holistic Psychiatry. The Psychiatrist. 2012. 36: 235-236. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1192/pb.36.6.235a
- Poole R, Higgo R. Spirituality and the threat to therapeutic boundaries in psychiatric practice. Mental Health, Religion and Culture . 2011. 14, 19-29. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/13674671003746845
- Komuravelli A, Poole R, Higgo R. Stability of the diagnosis of first-episode drug-induced psychosis. The Psychiatrist. 2011. 35, 224-227. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1192/pb.bp.110.032524
- Poole R, Higgo R, Strong G, Kennedy G, Ruben S, Barnes R, Lepping P, Mitchell P. Concerns over professional boundaries remain unresolved. The Psychiatrist . 2010. 34: 211-212. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1192/pb.34.5.211a
- Poole R, Higgo R. Psychiatry, religion and spirituality: a way forward. The Psychiatrist . 2010. 34: 452-453. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1192/pb.34.10.452b