I am a essentially a clinical psychiatrist who publishes research and works as a Liaison Consultant Psychiatrist in Wrexham, Wales. I was brought up in Germany where I went to University in Münster (Westphalia). I decided to study medicine after my positive experiences working as an auxiliary nurse as part of my national service (instead of joining the army). I moved to Britain in 1995 and did my postgraduate psychiatric education in and around Liverpool. I have always had an interest in the interphase between psychiatry and medicine and obtained accreditation as an adult and a liaison psychiatrist in 2004. I received a Masters in Medical Ethics from Liverpool University in 2003 and won several research prizes.
My first consultant job took me to Wales as a community psychiatrist for Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB), where I covered a catchment area of 24,000 adults in Wrexham, including some of the most deprived areas in Wales. I developed specialist clinics for adults with ADHD in Wrexham, as well as a clinic for delusional infestation with the School of Tropical Medicine in Liverpool, which I run with Prof B Squire. I am an international expert on delusional infestation. Since 2017 I have been working as a liaison psychiatrist in the Wrexham Maelor Hospital, working with patients with mental illness on medical and surgical wards. My clinical inspiration is to work with my team to make a positive difference in the lives of those who suffer from severe mental illness.
My job allows me some time for research. I am affiliated with Bangor and Cardiff universities in Wales, and Mysore Medical College and Research Institute in India. I have been a member of the European Violence in Psychiatry Research Group (EViPRG) since 2005 and contribute to initiatives for the prevention of violence and coercion. EViPRG is a network of international experts who work in the field of coercion and violence with the aim to reduce coercive measures and aggression in medical settings. More recently I have started to get involved in research projects in India. I frequently get involved in the development of pathways and national guidelines.
I am on the steering group of the GMHAT, an international computerised mental health assessment tool developed by Professor Vimal Sharma. It allows non-psychiatric clinicians to make working psychiatric diagnoses. The instrument has become particularly popular in countries with few psychiatric staff and is available in many languages.
My research interests include delusional infestation, coercion, violence and aggression, clinical ethics, capacity, ADHD, systematic reviews, and various other projects. I have conducted many international comparison studies between various countries in the field of coercion. I have contributed to a number of books and published over 150 articles, correspondences and abstracts.
Since 2009 I have worked closely with Professor Rob Poole. I will continue to work with him and the team in the new Centre for Mental Health and Society within BCUHB in partnership with Bangor University. This is an exciting development which will support current projects as well as establishing new projects in the near future.
Consultant Liaison Psychiatrist (BCULHB), Honorary Professor (Bangor University and Mysore Medical College and Research Institute, India).
- Retzer A, Sayers R, Pinfold V, Gibson J, Keeley T, Taylor G, Plappert H, Gibbons B, Huxley P, Mathers J, Birchwood M, Calvert M. Development of a Core Outcome Set for use in community-based bipolar trials – A qualitative study and modified Delphi.. Plos One. 2020. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0240518
- P Lepping, Kirchler E, Huber M. SARS-Cov-2, The Covid-19 Pandemic Reminds us of the Antiviral Properties of Chlorpromazine. Journal of Psychiatry and Psychiatric Disorders. 2020. 4 (3): 101-103. DOI: https://www.doi.org/10.26502/jppd.2572-519X0097
- P Lepping, Walker SL, Bewley AP. . Why delusional infestation should remain delusional infestation.. The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 2020. 102 (3): 700. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4269/ajtmh.19-0927
- Lepping P, Aboalkaz S, Squire SB, Romanov DV, Bewley A, Huber M, SB, Noorthoorn EO.. Later age of onset and longer duration of untreated psychosis are associated with poorer outcome in delusional infestation.. Acta Derm Venerol. 2020. 100(16):adv00261. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2340/00015555-3625
- Singh N, Lepping P, Whitaker R, Masood B, Joshi S, Banfield P. imminent . Incapacity in childbirth – rare or common. European Journal of obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology . 2020. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurox.2021.100122
- BN Raveesh, P Lepping. Restraint guidelines for mental health services in India. Indian J Psychiatry. 2019. Apr;61(Suppl 4):S698-S705. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4103/psychiatry.IndianJPsychiatry_106_19
- Gowda GS, Lepping P, Noorthoorn EO, Kumar S, Raveesh BN, Math SB. Clinician attitude and perspective on the use of coercive measures in clinical practice from Tertiary Care Mental Health Establishment – a cross-sectional study. Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 2019. 61(2):151-155. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4103/psychiatry.IndianJPsychiatry_336_18
- Georgieva I, Whittington R, Gowda R, Berring LL, Vesselinov R, Snorrason J, Mihai A, Duxbury J, Lauvrud C, Steinert R, Lepping P, Wikman S. International variations in mental health law regulating involuntary commitment of psychiatric patients as measured by the Mental Health Legislation Attitudes Scale (MHLAS). Medical Science and Law . 2019. Apr;59(2):104-114. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0025802419841139
- Todd S, Squire SB, Bartlett R, Lepping P. Delusional Infestation managed in a combined Tropical Medicine and Psychiatry clinic. Transational of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene . 2019. 113 (1): 18-23. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/trstmh/try102
- Masood B, Lepping P, Romanov P, Poole R . Treatment of alcohol induced psychotic disorder (alcoholic hallucinosis) a systematic review. Masood B, Lepping P, Romanov P, Poole R . Alcohol & Alcoholism . 2018. 53, 3, 259–267. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/alcalc/agx090
- Gowda GS, Lepping P, Noorthoorn EO, Kumar S, Raveesh BN, Math SB. Restraint prevalence and perceived coercion among psychiatric inpatients from India: A prospective study. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. 2018. 36; 10-16. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajp.2018.05.024
- Gowda G.S, Lepping P, Noorthoorn E.O, Kumar S, Raveesh B.N, Math S.B. Restraint prevalence and perceived coercion among psychiatric inpatients from India: A prospective study. Asian J Psych . 2018. 36: 10-16. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajp.2018.05.024
- Masood B, Lepping P, Romanov D, Poole R. Treatment of alcolhol-indued pyschotic disorder (alcoholic hallucinosis): A systematic review. International Journal of Law and Psychiatry. 2018. 53 (3): 259-267. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/alcalc/agx090
- Huber M, Wolf RC, Lepping P, Kirchler E, Sambatato F, Karner M, Herrnberger B, Corlett PR, Freudenmann RW.. Regional gray matter volume and structural network strength in somatic vs. non-somatic delusional disorders. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2018. Mar 2;82:115-122. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnpbp.2017.11.022
- Huber M, Wolf R.C, Lepping P, Kirchler E, Sambatato F, Karner M, Herrnberger B, Corlett P.R, Freudenmann R.W. Regional gray matter volume and structural network strength in somatic vs non-somatic delusional disorders. Progress in Neuropsychopharmacol Biological Psychiatry . 2018. 82: 115-122. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnpbp.2017.11.022
- Gowda GS, Kumar S, Lepping P, Raveesh BN, Noorthoorn EO, Math SB. Factors influencing the Advance directive among psychiatric inpatients from India: A prospective study. Int J Psy Law. 2018. 56: 17-26. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijlp.2017.10.002
- Gowda G.S, Kumar C.N, Lepping P, Raveesh B.N, Noorthoorn E.O, Math S.B. Factors influencing the advance directive among psychiatric inpatients from India: A prospective study. International Journal of Law and Psychiatry. 2018. 56: 17-26. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijlp.2017.10.002
- Romanov DV, Lepping P, Bewley A, Huber M, Freudenmann RW, Lvov AN, Squire SB, Noorthoorn EO. Duration of untreated illness and outcome in delusional infestation. Acta Derm Venereol. 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2340/00015555-2888
- Romanov D.V., Lepping P., Bewley A., Huber M., Freudenmann R.W., Lvov A.N., Squire S.B., Noorthoorn E.O . Longer Duration of untreated psychosis is associated with poorer outcomes for patients with delusional infestation. Acta Derm Venereol. 2018. 98 (9): 848-854. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2340/00015555-2888
- Lepping P, Whittington R, Sambhi RS, Lane S, Poole R, Leucht S, Cuijpers P, McCabe R, Waheed W. Clinical relevance of findings in trials of CBT for depression. Eur Psychiatry. 2017. 45: 207-211. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpsy.2017.07.003
- Stone B, Lepping P. Prolonged Wahnstimmung (delusional mood) without development of a psychotic illness in a 50 year old male: a case report. Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 2017. 59 (4): 496-498. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4103/psychiatry.IndianJPsychiatry_59_16
- Lepping P, Noorthoom, E.O, Kemperman S, Harth W, Reichenberg J, Bertel Squire S, Shinhmar S, Freudenmann R.W, Bewley A. An international study of the prevalence of substance use in patients with delusional infestation. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2017. 77 (4): 778-779. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2017.06.024
- Leucht S, Fennema H, Engel R, Kaspers, M, Lepping P, Szegedi A. What does the MADRS mean? Equipercentile linking with the CGI. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2017. 210: 287-293. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2016.12.041
- Lepping P. Befallswahn . Eine seltene Storung mit hohem Lebensdruck. CliniCum Derma . 2017. 3, 28-31.
- Lepping P . Police arrests under Mental Health legislation in England and Wales. World Association for Medical Law Newsletter . 2017. 5-7.
- Lepping P, Whittington R, Sambhi R.S, Lane S, Poole R, Leucht S, Cuijpers P, McGabe R, Waheed W. Systematic review of the clinical relevance of findings in trials of CBT in depression. European Psychiatry. 2017. 45: 207-211. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpsy.2017.07.003
- Verlinde L, Noorthoorn E, Snelleman W, Snelleman-van-der-Plas, M, Lepping P. Seclusion and enforced medication in dealing with aggression: A prospective dynamic cohort study. European Psychiatry. 2017. 39: 86-92. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpsy.2016.08.002
- Cowman S, Bjorkdahl A, Clarke E, Gethin G, Maguire J, Lepping P. A descriptive survery study of violence management and priorities amon psychiatric staff in mental health services, across seventeen european countries. BMC Health Services Research. 2017. 17 (1): 59. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-017-1988-7
- Lepping P. Zwangsmaßnahmen in Großbritannien. [Coercive measures in Great Britain]. Recht und Psychiatrie, in print [in German]. 2016. Vol 34, No 3, pp 175-179.
- Raveesh B.N, Patha, Gowda G.S, Benders-Aelen J.G.F. re S, Lepping P, Noorthoorn E.O. Perceived coercion in person with mental discorder in India: A cross sectional study. Indian Journal of Psychiatry . 2016. 58(6): 210-220. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5545.196846
- Raveesh B.N, Pathare S, Noorthoorn E.O, Gowda G.S, Lepping P, Bunders-Aelen J.G.F. Staff and caregiver attitude to coercion in India. Indian Journal of Psychiatry . 2016. 58 (6): 221-229. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5545.196847
- Lepping P, Bewley A, Freudenmann R.W . Delusional parasitism. Infectional Diseases: An Encyclopaedia of Causes, Effects and Treatments. 2016.
- Lepping P, Masood B, Flammer E, Noorthoorn E.O. Comparison of restraint data from four countries. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology . 2016. 51 (9): 1301-1309. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00127-016-1203-x
- Lepping P, Palmstierna T, Raveesh BN. Paternalism versus autonomy – are we barking up the wrong tree?. British Journal of Psychiatry. 2016. 209 (2): 95-96. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.bp.116.181032
- Danivas V, Lepping P, Punitharani S, Gowrishree H, Ashwini K, Raveesh B, Palmstierna T. Observation study of aggressive behaviour and coercion on an Indian acute ward. Asian Journal of Psychiatry . 2016. 22: 150-156. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajp.2016.06.004
- Lepping P, Tehan B . Benchmarking ist ein wirksames Instrument zur Verbesserung der klinischen Versorgung – Kontra. Psychiatrische Praxis. 2016. 43 (2) 72-73.
- Schonfeldt-Lecuona C, Lefaucheur J.P, Lepping P, Liepert J, Connemann B.J, Sartorius A, Nowak D.A. Non-Invasive Brain Stimulation in Conversion (Functional) Weakness and Paralysis: A Systematic Review and Future Perspectives. Frontiers in Neuroscience, section Neurodegeneration . 2016. 10: 140. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3389/fnins.2016.00140
- Lepping P, Tehan B. Benchmarking is an Effective Instrument to Improve Clinical Services – Contra. Psychiatry Prax. 2016. 43 (2): 72-3 (in German).
- Masood B, Lepping P, Jones E, Morris M, Lewis M, McEwan J, Sussex P, Owen G. National data on coercion in psychiatry from Wales. British Journal of Mental Health Nursing. 2016. 5 (1): 18-24. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12968/bjmh.2016.5.1.15
- Noorthoorn E., Lepping P., Janssen W., Hoogendoorn A., Nijman H., Widdershoven G., Steinert T.. Erratum to: One-year incidence and prevalence of seclusion: Dutch findings in an international perspective. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidermiology. 2015. 50 (12): 1871-1872 . DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00127-015-1094-2
- Noorthoom E, Lepping P, Janssen W, Hoogendoorn A, Nijman H, Widdershoven G, Steinert T. One year incidence and prevalence of seclusion: Dutch findings in an international perspective. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epdiermilogy. 2015. 50 (12): 1857-1869 . DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00127-015-1094-2
- Raveesh BN, Lepping P, Lanka SV, Turner J, Krishna M.. Patient and visitor violence towards staff on medical and psychiatric wards in India. Asian J Psychiatr. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. 2015. 13:52-55. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajp.2014.10.003
- Krishna M, Lepping P, Jones S, Lane S . Systematic review and meta-analysis of group cognitive behavioural psychotherapy treatment for sub-clinical depression. Asain Journal of Psychiatry. 2015. 18, 7-16. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajp.2015.05.043
- Lepping P, Huber M, Freudenmann R.W. How to approach delusional infestation. BMJ Open. 2015. Article Number H1328. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.h1328
- Lepping P, Rishniw M, Freudenmann R.W. Frequency of Delusional Infestation by Proxy and Double Delusional Infestation in Veterinary Practice: Observational Study. British Journal of Psychiatry. 2015. 206 (2): 160-3. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.bp.114.144469
- Lepping P. Violence and Agression. RCPsych Publication . 2015.
- Lepping P, Schönfeldt-Leuona, Sambhi RS, Lanka SVN, Lane S, Whittington R, Leucht S, Poole R . A systematic review of the clinical relevance of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica. . 2014. 130:326-341. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/acps.12276
- Lepping P, Raveesh BN. Overvaluing autonomous decision making. The British Journal of Psychiatry. 2014. 204 (1): 1-2. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.bp.113.129833
- Rishniw M, Lepping P, Freudenmann RW. Delusional infestation by proxy–what should veterinarians do. The Canadian Veterinary Journal. La Revue Veterinaire Canadienne . 2014. 55 (9): 887-891. DOI: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4137932/
- Lepping Peter. How to talk to a patient about delusional infestation. [Digital or Visual Products] 2014. 2014.
- Lepping P, Raveesh B.N. Overvaluing autonomous decision making. British Journal of Psychiatry. 2014. 204 (1): 1-2 . DOI: https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.bp.113.129833
- Wolf C, Huber M, Lepping P, Sambatato F, Karner M, Freudenmann RW. Source-based morphometry reveals distinct patterns of aberrant grey and white matter volume in patients with delusional infestation. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2014. 48: 112-116 . DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnpbp.2013.09.019
- Lepping P, Raveesh BN. The Mysore Declaration. International Psychiatry. 2013. 10 (4): 98-99. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1192/S1749367600004082
- Sharma VK, Durrani S, Sawa M, Copeland JR, Abou-Saleh MT, Lane S, Lepping P. Arabic version of the Global Mental Health Assessment Tool-Primary Care version (GMHAT/PC): a validity and feasibility study. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal. 2013. 19 (11) :905-8. DOI: https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/118588
- Sharma BB, Singh S, Sharma VK, Choudhary M, Singh V, Lane S, Lepping P, Krishna M, Copeland J. Psychiatric morbidity in chronic respiratory disorders in an Indian service using GMHAT/PC. General Hospital Psychiatry. 2013. 35(1): 39-44 . DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.genhosppsych.2012.09.009
- Honagodu AR, Krishna M, Sundarachar R, Lepping P. Group psychotherapies for depression in persons with HIV: A systematic review. Indian Journal of Psychiatry . 2013. (55): 323-30. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5545.120541
- Krishna M, Honagodu A, Rajendra R, Sundarachar R, Lane S, Lepping P. A systematic review and meta-analysis of group psychotherapy for sub-clinical depression in older adults. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2013. 28(9): 881-888. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/gps.3905
- Wolf RC, Huber M, Depping MS, Thomann PA, Karner M, Lepping P, Freudenmann RW. Abnormal gray and white matter volume in delusional infestation. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2013. 1; 46:19-24. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnpbp.2013.06.004
- Wolf RC, Huber M, Depping MS, Thomann PA, Karner M, Lepping P, Freudenmann RW. . Abnormal gray and white matter volume in delusional infestation. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2013. 46: 19-24. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnpbp.2013.06.004
- Leucht S, Fennema H, Engel R, Kaspers M, Lepping P, Szegedi A. What does HAMD mean?. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2013. 148 (2): 243-248. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2012.12.001
- Lepping P. The use of emergency medicine: A survey from 21 countries. J Clin Psychopharm. 2013. 33 (2): 240-242.
- Lepping P, Malik M. Community treatment orders: current practice and a framework to aid clinicians. The Psychiatrist. 2013. 37: 2. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1192/pb.bp.111.037705
- Freudenmann RW, Lepping P, Huber M, Dieckmann S, Bauer-Dubau K, Ignatius R, Misery L, Schollhammer M, Harth W, Taylor RE, Bewley AP.. Delusional infestation and the specimen sign: a European multicentre study in 148 consecutive case. Br J Dermatol. 2012. 167(2):247-251. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2133.2012.10995.x
- Bell C, Lepping P, Clifford JM, Garner-Thorpe C.. A Case of Todd’s Palsy following Unilateral ECT. Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 2012. 54(2):192-193 . DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.4103%2F0019-5545.99541
- Huber M, Lepping P, Pycha R, Karner M, Schwitzer J, Freudenmann RW. Delusional infestation: Treatment outcome with antipsychotics in 17 consecutive patients (using standardized reporting criteria). General Hospital Psychiatry. 2011. 33 (6): 604-11. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.genhosppsych.2011.05.013
- Lepping P, Sambhi RS, Whittington R, Lane S, Poole R. A systematic review of the clinical relevance of findings in trials of antipsychotics. British Journal of Psychiatry. 2011. 198, 341-345.
- Krishna M & Lepping P. Ethical Debate: Ethics of xeno-transplantation. British Journal of Medical Practitioners. 2011. 4 (3): 425. Available from: https://www.bjmp.org/files/2011-4-3/bjmp-2011-4-3-a425.pdf
- Krishna M, Jauhari A, Lepping P, Crossley D, Turner J. Is group psychotherapy effective in geriatric depression? Meta analyses and systematic review. International journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2011. 26 (4): 331-340. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/gps.2546
- Krishna M, Lepping P. . Ethics of xenotransplantation. British Journal of Medical Practicioners. 2011. 4 (3): a425.
- Lepping P. Overestimating patients’ capacity. British Journal of Psychiatry. 2011. 199: 355-356. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.bp.111.094938
- Lepping P, Sambhi RS, Whittington R, Lane S, Poole R. . The clinical relevance of findings in trials of antipsychotics: A systematic review. British Journal of Psychiatry. 2011. 198: 341-5. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.bp.109.075366
- Krishna M, Jauhari A, Lepping P, Turner J, Crossley D, Krishnamoorthy A.. Is group psychotherapy effective in older adults with depression? A systematic review. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2011. 26 (4): 331-40. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/gps.2546
- Lepping P, Delieu J, Mellor R, Williams JHH, Hudson PR, Hunter-Lavin C.. Antipsychotic medication and oxidative cell stress – a systematic review. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 2011. 72 (3): 273-85. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4088/JCP.09r05268yel
- Gahr M, Kölle MA, Schönfeldt-Lecuona C, Lepping P, Freudenmann, RW. Paliperidone Extended Release: Does it have a place antipsychotic therapy?. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2011. 5:125-46. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.2147%2FDDDT.S17266
- Poole R, Higgo R, Strong G, Kennedy G, Ruben S, Barnes R, Lepping P, Mitchell P. Concerns over professional boundaries remain unresolved. The Psychiatrist . 2010. 34: 211-212. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1192/pb.34.5.211a
- Lepping P, Baker C, Freudenmann RW. Delusional infestation in dermatology in the UK: Prevalence, treatment strategies, and feasibility of a RCT. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology. 2010. 35 (8): 841-4. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2230.2010.03782.x
- Sharma V, Jagawat S, Midha A, Jain A, Tambi A, Copeland J, Lepping P, Lane S, Krishna M, Pangaria, A.. The Global Mental Health Assessment Tool-Validation of GMHAT/PC in Hindi. A validity and Feasibility Study. Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 2010. 52: 316-9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5545.74305
- Sharma, VK., Krishna M, Lepping P, Palaniswamy V. Validation and Feasibility of Global Mental Assessment Tool -Primary care version in older adults. Age and Ageing. 2010. 39 (4): 496-9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afq050
- Freudenmann RW, Kölle M, Huwe A, Luster M, Reske SN, Huber M, Lepping P, Schönfeldt-Lecuona C. Delusional Infestation: Neural correlates and antipsychotic therapy investigated by multimodal neuroimaging. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatryct. 2010. 1;34 (7): 1215-22 . DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnpbp.2010.06.022
- Steinert T, Lepping P, Bernhardsgrütter R, Conca A, Hatling T, Janssen W, Keski-Valkama A, Mayoral F, Whittington R. . Incidence of seclusion and restraint in psychiatric hospitals: a literature review and survey of international trends. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2010. 45 (9): 889-97. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00127-009-0132-3
- Lepping P, Huber M. Role of zinc in the pathogenesis of ADHD: implications for research and treatment. CNS Drugs. 2010. 1; 24 (9): 721-8. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2165/11537610-000000000-00000
- Freudenmann RW, Kölle M, Schönfeldt-Lecuona C, Dieckmann S, Harth W, Lepping, P. Delusional parasitosis and the matchbox sign revisited: the international perspective. Acta Derm Venereol. 2010. 90 (5): 517-9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2340/00015555-0909
- Cole-King A, Lepping P. Will the new UK government change our approach to risk?. BMJ. 2010. 21; 341: c3890.
- Bewley A, Lepping P, Freudenmann RW, Taylor R. Delusional Parasitosis: Time to call it delusional infestation. British Journal of Dermatolgy. 2010. 163 (1): 1-2. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2133.2010.09841.x
- Kölle M, Lepping P, Kassubek J, Schönfeldt-Lecuona C, Freudenmann RW. Delusional Infestation induced by Piribedil Add-On in Parkinson’s Disease. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2010. 43 (6): 240-2. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0030-1261881
- Lepping P, Paravastu CV, Turner J, Billings P, Minshom P. Copying GP letters to patients: A comprehensive study across four different departments in a district general hospital. Health Informatics Journal. 2010. 16 (1), 58-62. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1460458209349814
- Lepping P, Sambhi RS, Williams-Jones K. Deprivation of liberty safeguards – How prepared are we?. Journal of Medical Ethics. 2010. 36 (3): 170-3. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/jme.2009.032029
- Sambhi RS, Lepping P. Psychiatric treatments in dermatology: an update. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology. 2010. 35 (2): 120-5. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2230.2009.03497.x
- Cole-King A, Lepping P. Suicide mitigation: time for a more realistic approach. British Journal of General Practice. 2010. 60 (570): 1-3. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.3399%2Fbjgp10X482022