Alcohol-Involved Death: A pilot study
Catherine A Robinson, Rob Poole, Gary Slegg, Sue Ruben and John Bailey
Welsh Assmebly Government
This exploratory study was carried out in two Coroner Districts using data routinely collected as part of the process of investigating deaths reported to coroners. The main aims of this study are to:
- Establish methods to identify deaths where harmful use or alcohol dependence is relevant (but not necessarily formally attributed as the main or contributory cause of death).
- Explore in detail a sample of deaths which fall into this wide definition of deaths where alcohol is relevant.
- Describe what, if any, specialist and non-specialist interventions or support from statutory and independent sector services were accessed prior to death.
- Consider how the identified sample relates to all deaths, not just those reported or investigated by the Coroner.
- Specify areas for further development and research.
< Return to project list